Why Join the Kennedy Krieger Institute Team?
The funds raised from the Kennedy Krieger Institute Baltimore Running Festival team will support our International Center for Spinal Cord Injury, where aggressive, innovative therapies help patients with spinal cord injuries recover. In addition, funds will support the training needs of patients with disabilities who participate in the event, through the purchase of adapted racing, training and therapy equipment. Recreational activities are often overlooked for individuals with disabilities, but Kennedy Krieger recognizes the important benefits of exercise for our patients, including improved health, self-esteem, social connections, and community reintegration.
With this charity team, we aim to increase the number of Kennedy Krieger patients who are able to participate in the races each year, open the door to improved physical fitness for those with disabilities, and fund research towards a cure for paralysis. Thank you for sharing our vision!
By registering with the Kennedy Krieger Institute team, you are committing to:
- Raise at least $250 for the Kennedy Krieger Institute by 11:59 p.m. on October 31st ($50 if you are participating in the Kid's Fun Run). You will be contacted by Institute staff to give your credit card information. Please understand that your credit card WILL NOT be charged if you meet your minimum fundraising goal by October 31st. Your credit card WILL be charged on November 1st for any remaining balance.
- Participate in one of the events in the 2017 Baltimore Running Festival.
Team members who achieve their minimum fundraising goal will receive:
- FREE registration for the Baltimore Running Festival event of your choice. (Not applicable to those who register to be a virtual racer for Kennedy Krieger Institute.)
- FREE carb-loading pasta party the evening before the race catered by Sabatino's.
- A participant goody bag with all kinds of cool stuff.
- Unlimited access to the Kennedy Krieger team hospitality tent in the Celebration Village to secure your belongings during the race.
- Use of the Kennedy Krieger Team tent as a meeting place for your friends and family.
- Morning coffee and breakfast and post-race snacks and refreshments.
- Fun and camaraderie with others on the Kennedy Krieger team.
- The knowledge that you raised funds to help the children and families of Kennedy Krieger Institute.
Back by popular demand: Register to be a "virtual racer" for Kennedy Krieger!
You can once again register to be a virtual racer for Kennedy Krieger Institute! By registering to be a virtual racer, you are agreeing to raise $100 for Kennedy Krieger. However on October 21, 2017 you do not have to race in the event! Registering to be a virtual racer for Kennedy Krieger Institute will get you all the Kennedy Krieger team benefits, but it will not get you any of the Baltimore Running Festival participant benefits.