April 25, 2020
To protect the health of our community, we've gone virtual!
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak and to keep our community safe, ROAR for Kids 2020 is now a virtual fundraiser instead of being held at its original location at Oregon Ridge Park.
While we may not be together in person at Oregon Ridge this year, you can still ROAR more loudly than ever to help kids and families at Kennedy Krieger Institute. You may register to virtually race to receive a ROAR for Kids 2020 T-shirt, fundraise for Kennedy Krieger, and race around your yard, house or neighborhood on event day. More details to come!
All proceeds from the event will help raise much-needed funds for research and programs to help kids at Kennedy Krieger. We need this support now more than ever!
How things are changing:
- If you registered to participate in the 5K or 1-mile walk: You will be automatically registered as a virtual racer.
- If you registered as a family festival attendee or spectator: Your registration fee is now considered a tax-deductible donation. (thank you!) Additionally, we will send you a special thank-you from one of our sponsors after the event.
- If you are planning to register as a new participant: You may choose to register as a virtual racer or donate directly to a team fundraising page.
Virtual racing perks:
- We’ll mail you your T-shirt, along with some other goodies from our sponsors.
- You’ll have the opportunity to fundraise for important Kennedy Krieger programs in need of your support.
- It’ll be a great reason to be active on race day (or before!)—ROAR in your neighborhood (six feet apart, please!), backyard, or even around your couch or up and down your stairs, and share the fun with us on social media using #ROAR4Kids.
Where do proceeds go?
All proceeds from the event will support research and programs to help kids at the Kennedy Krieger Institute. To see how past funds were used by specific programs, please click here! Sorry, no refunds.
Do you have Facebook?
You can now link your Kennedy Krieger Fundraising page to your Facebook account so that you can raise even MORE money!
- Sign in to your Participant Center
- Locate the blue box at the bottom right corner of your Participant Center that says “Raise more money with Facebook”
- Click the button that says, “Fundraise on Facebook” and follow the prompts to connect your fundraiser to Facebook.
It takes less than 3 steps and It is SUPER easy! Facebook is quickly becoming the fastest way to raise money online so don’t miss out!
We’ll provide more information in the coming weeks about how loudly we can ROAR together for our kids, virtually!
Please email us at ROAR@KennedyKrieger.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support!